Welcome to food of the day #1-Grapefruit
I won't bore you with all the research I've done concerning grapefruit. I'll just tell you 5 reasons why you should be eating grapefruit.
- It's cheap (around .50 per grapefruit-sometimes cheaper-and you really only need to eat half a grapefruit in one sitting)
- vitamin C and Lots of it (helps your immune system)
- lycopen builds collagen in your skin and reduces the appearance of cellulite
- it's on the Environmental Working Group's clean 15 list (the 15 fruits/veggies with the LEAST amount of chemical residue and pesticides)
- Grapefruit is delicious! (if you don't like eating the pulp etc, squeeze it into a glass and drink)
Always eat fruit on an empty stomach. Fruit only takes about 30 minutes to digest and you will reap the beneficial nutrients faster without other foods inhibiting it in your stomach.